Publications of the Graphics Philately Association
The primary means of communication of the Graphics Philately Association is the quarterly
publication Philateli-Graphics (P-G), published in January, April, July, and October. P-G
- information on printing history, the history of the book as an artifact, graphic arts, and
many ancillary topics as depicted on postage stamps;
- annotated lists of new, world-wide postal issues that pertain to the topics just noted;
- stories about stamps and printing techniques used for stamp production;
- interviews with people involved with many aspects of the field;
- news about GPA members;
- relevant reprints of articles from other publications, and much more.
Members of the GPA are encouraged to share their knowledge and experience through articles
and letters sent to P-G for publication.
Back issues of Philateli-Graphics are available (the earlier issues as photocopies) for U.S.$5.00
each, postage paid (U.S.$6.00 each outside North America, postage paid). Please request back
issues from the Secretary.
Printing on Stamps
The GPA also publishes Printing on Stamps, now in its Third
Edition, compiled principally by Mark Harris Winnegrad, one of the
co-founders of the GPA in 1975. Originating as a term paper for a
course on the history of books and printing, Printing on Stamps soon
grew to include citations for famous printers, stamps depicting
printing and graphic arts equipment, processes related to printing,
printing plants and printers' marks, and papermaking, all as
depicted on postage stamps.
The first and second editions of Printing on Stamps were issued in
1975 and 1978 respectively. The third and current edition
appeared in January 1989, but is now out-of-print. Photocopies of
Printing on Stamps, however, are available from the Secretary for
$6.00, postage paid.